How we collect personal information about you
All personal information will be obtained fairly. We obtain personal information about you in various ways. This can happen automatically, when we have asked you to provide it (e.g. for the purposes of entering into a contract) or sometimes from third parties. We will make you aware of all purposes that we intend to use your personal information at the time of collection or the purposes will be advised to you prior to use.
For example, we can collect personal information when you:
- Buy or use any of our products and services;
- Use AnyRec or other Morgallion products and services;
- Register for a specific product or service;
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us;
- Contact us in any way, or ask for information about a product or service;
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey;
- Visit or browse our website or other Morgallion Group websites;
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you; or
- Are the customer of a business that we acquire.
- We may collect information from certain organisations, where appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies.
We may also collect information about you from other companies, our business or joint-venture partners as well as our third-party suppliers or contractors.
All personal information will be accurate and complete and where necessary, kept up to date.
All methods of acquiring personal information from you (e.g. customer application forms, competition entries) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes including any secondary uses that may not be obvious to you (e.g. if competition entries are intended to be used for marketing purposes this will be clearly advised to you, and you will have the opportunity to express if your choice is to opt in for such processing of your personal information).
What we collect about you
Information we collect about you can vary depending on the products and services that you use and subscribe to, how you have used the products and services, and how you have interacted with Morgallion even if you are not a customer, or what we have obtained from a third party with permission to share it with us.
The types of information we may have are, for example:
- Your name, firm, address, phone and/or mobile number, your date of birth, gender and email address;
- Your credit or debit card information, information about your bank account and other banking information – for example, you will have to give us this information when you open an account with us. We'll collect the information necessary to process a payment whenever you make a purchase;
- Your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, a Live Chat, an email or letter sent, or other records of any contact with us;
- Your account information, such as dates of payment owed or received, subscriptions you use, account numbers or other information related to your account;
- Credential information – we'll collect passwords, hints and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts and services;
- Your preferences for particular products, services and business activities when you tell us what they are, or we assume what they are, based on how you use the products and services;
- See our Cookies policy for details on what we collect using cookies, web beacons and other technologies, including ad data;
- Your location data. This can be where, for example, a location is derived from your IP address or data such as a post code or name of a town or city; or
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as credit agencies, fraud-prevention agencies, and from other data providers and could include demographic data, interest based data, and internet browsing behaviour.
We'll also get information about how you use our products and services, such as:
- The level of service that you receive – for example, service or product faults and other events that may affect our products or services;
- Details of your use of the specific services and products.
What we do - and don't do - with your browsing history
- Your website browsing information, this includes details about visits to our websites and whether you visit on your mobile, device or PC. However, we do not have a history of your web-browsing as this is limited for a short real-time period to enable the connection to be made; and
- Date, time and length of your access to our website, and your approximate location at the time you are browsing.
- Morgallion does not otherwise keep records of your web browsing.
We do not keep records of what content you look at online. The only exception to this is when we are required to do so by law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities.
How we use your information
Personal information will be kept only for clear and legal purposes. All personal information will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
We will only process your personal information where we have a lawful purpose to do so, for example:
- Where you have provided your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will provide you with details on how to withdraw your consent at the time we capture same;
- For the preparation or performance of a contract with you; or
- Based on our legitimate interests to provide services and products to you. We set out below some of the legitimate business reasons why we process your personal information. Please also refer to our supplemental policies which set out product/service specific information. You can find more details here.
Personal information will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not use your personal information for other compatible secondary purposes without advising you.
We may use and analyse your information to, for example:
- Credit checks and ID
- Carry out a credit check when you apply for a contract for any products or services with us.
- We may also use your personal information for identity verification purposes, for access to your account and for general account management.
- Processing your order and provide you with your products and service(s)
- Process the products and services you have bought from us, and keep you updated with the progress of your order.
- Provide the relevant product or service to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us, services that use information about where you are, and to contact with your messages about changes to the products or services.
- Billing and Customer Care
- Bill you for using our products and services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you.
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about our systems, products or services.
- Keep you updated about products and services
- Keep you updated with current information about products and services you have taken.
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services, send you newsletters or white papers, to invite you to participate in a survey or to let you know about offers, promotions, prize draws or competitions (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages. These messages can be based on how you use our products and services which could include, for example, your calling and messaging activities, location information and browsing information.
- We'll also let you know about other companies products and services we think may be of interest to you (unless you prefer not to).
- Fraud Prevention
Protect and detect fraud or other crimes, to protect and detect misuse or damage to our systems, to recover debts or trace those who owe us money.
- Research and analytics
We use a variety of analytics methods including what is commonly referred to as “Big data analytics”. Big data analytics are mathematically driven analysis techniques on large and varied data sets (that is why it is “big” data) to uncover hidden patterns and hitherto unrevealed trends.
- We use our analytics to:
- Conduct market research and to carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our systems, products and services
- Frame our marketing campaigns and determine how we might personalise those;
- Provide anonymised and aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain information which may identify you as an individual). These can be to third parties such as content providers, advertisers, and other business or public entities.
- Meeting our business needs
We may use and analyse your personal information, such as your account information and details of your contract for products or services with us, to pursue our legitimate interests and those of third parties with whom we do business. The legitimate interests we pursue by such processing are to operate our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner. This may also involve sharing some of your personal information with potential lenders to us and potential acquirers of us or any of our assets and their respective advisors and service providers.
How we disclose your personal information
Disclosure of personal information will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of personal information will be made to third parties for those third parties' own purposes or use.
Personal information may be legitimately given to Morgallion’s servants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above. This may include the transfer of this personal information to other jurisdictions for processing. In these circumstances Morgallion will ensure that adequate contractual and technical safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
Where support services require us to become cognizant of data in our products, we will maintain that as confidential insofar as it is possible to do so, and where it must be shown to third parties, Morgallion will take reasonable steps to anonymise it if possible.
You may wish to contact us. Please use the “Contact the Directors” links on the Morgallion.com website if you would like to amend these preferences.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share information about you with:
- Companies in the Morgallion Group;
- Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered or used;
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, or on behalf of, Morgallion Limited or the Morgallion Group;
- Credit reference, fraud-prevention or business-scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
- Debt collection agencies or other debt-recovery organisations;
- Law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law;
- A third party or body where such disclosure is required to satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement;
- Third parties for joint promotions with that third party. They’ll be responsible for their own compliance with applicable privacy laws;
- Partner organisations we have carefully chosen so they can contact you about their products and services (which may or may not include Morgallion products and services);
- Other third parties when you have given us your consent to the disclosure for authentication and fraud-prevention purposes.
- Fraud management and law enforcement
We'll also release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
Mergers, Acquisitions and other Corporate Transactions
If we’re reorganised or we or any of our assets are sold to another organisation or we seek to borrow from another organisation we will provide your information to that organisation and its advisors and service providers to the extent that this is relevant to the proposed transaction.
Third parties that we work with
Where you have purchased Morgallion products and services using a third party or partner organisation, we may need to exchange information with them as part of managing that relationship and your account – for example, to be able to identify your order and be able to pay them.
If we have a contract with a service provider or contractor to provide us with services or provide a service on our behalf, and they may have access to your personal information, we do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We may collect and combine information in order to monitor your use of products and services, and that of our other customers, as well as to help us to improve the quality of our products and services. We may provide this information to third parties (for example, to content providers and advertisers) but any such third party reporting shall not include information which may identify an individual customer.
International data transfers
We may need to transfer your information to other Morgallion Group companies or service providers in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of countries in the European Union, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway: they are considered to have equivalent laws when it comes to data protection and privacy. This kind of data transfer may happen if our servers (i.e. where we store data) or our suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
If Morgallion sends your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. In addition, if the country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards then we will ask the third party to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
How long we keep your personal information
We'll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there is no legal requirement, we'll only store it for as long as we need to in order to provide products or services to you.
We'll keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your contract with us has finished in case you decide to use our services again. We, or one of our partners, may contact you about Morgallion services during this time if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Keeping your personal information secure
As a Small or Medium Enterprise, Morgallion does not have personnel dedicated to keeping personal information secure. However, all employees and directors are familiar with this policy and it is the policy of Morgallion Limited to design and control its processes in such a way as to comply with this policy.
- Communications over the internet (such as emails) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the Internet.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- We'll never ask for your secure personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication. You’re responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
- Our website may provide links to third-party websites. We cannot be responsible for the security and content of such third-party websites. So make sure you read that company’s privacy and cookies policies before using or putting your personal information on their site.
- The same applies to any third-party websites or content you connect to using our products and services.
- You may choose to disclose your information in certain ways such as social plug-ins (including those offered by Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest) or using third-party services that allow you to post reviews or other information publicly, and a third party could use that information.
- Rectification rights: you have the right to have information held about you corrected if it is not accurate.
- Access rights: Want a copy of the personal information we hold on you? We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before issuing any copy of your personal information.
- Erasure rights: you have a right to request the erasure of your personal information which we hold about you where the personal information is no longer necessary, where you have withdrawn your consent or where you feel that there is no lawful reason for us to process your personal information.
- Objection rights: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to Morgallion processing your personal information.
- Want to opt out of marketing messages? Check the Marketing heading on this page for full details on how to do this.
- Want to disable a cookie, or understand more about what these are? Check the Cookies Policy for full details on how to do this.
- Want to opt out of being included in Morgallion’s analytics, or to understand about what it means for you? While it can’t identify or contact you, it’s your choice whether you are included.
- Data Portability: you have a right to receive a copy of all personal information that you consented to provide to us, or have provided to us as part of your contract with us.
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or if you want to complain about how we use your information, please use the “Contact the Directors” links on the Morgallion.com website to do so.